Forums still tell strange beliefs about SOA and Business Process Management (BPM) activities relationships. For all them that would have not understood and integrated nature of SOA, here is explained nature of SOA. SOA can be seen like a master integration domain for all others domains, for several reasons:
- Because enterprise is already SOA (cf. Nature of enterprise)
- The nature of all processes is to provide service which determine contracts of services, so service offerings, important fact concerning contractual vision.
For a long time, enterprise is SOA because each domain provides services based from processes ;
SOA is a strategic goal to deliver services based on contract of service based on services offerings
This paradigm involves SOA like a lead domain integrating and supporting all others domains like services offerings to internal and external all others activities domains:
Business Process Management (BPM) evaluates, determines and provides a whole Enterprise Business Processes services.
Business Rules Management (BRM) evaluates, determines and provides a whole of Enterprise Business Rules services.
Business Events Management (BEM) evaluates, determines and provides CEP services.
Entreprise Integration Management (EIM ) evaluates, determines and provides a whole of services about how to integrate all enterprise environments together such as EAI.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) evaluates, determines and provides all services about security, integrity and confidentiality domains.
- Views and Interaction Management (VIM) evaluates, determines and provides all services about presentation domain such as portal.
All those activities provide manual and/or automated services come from analyze and design means to serve Business goals and ambitions.
Approach is the same for all:
- Determine pure analyze and decision management to determine means to serve Business,
Among which there are technologies where secondary goal is to determine the good technological means and the solutions to enable optimal business goals.
In addition, a part of EA activities allows to determine what technologies to serve optimally the business activities and goals.
Among those technologies there are platforms to design(think), develop (build) , run and monitor technological assets to serve Business goals and ambitions such as :
- SOA suite and systems to expose all natures of services such as ESB, BPMS, BRMS,
- BPMS (BMP systems suite) to expose and provide Business Processes Services (BPS)
- BRMS (BRM systems suite) to expose and provide Business Rules Services (BRS)
- BEMS (BEM systems suite) to to expose and provide Business Events CEP services (BES)
- EIMS (EIM systems suite) to expose and provide Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) based on EAI patterns.
- AIMS (AIM systems suite) to expose and provide Identitiy and Access security Services (IAS)
- VIMS (VIM systems suite) to expose and provides view and interaction services (V of MVC).
all will be exposed as services. It’s a day to day reality now.